The year 2013 has arrived, and with it, there are some key Richmond anniversaries to celebrate throughout the year. This year, it will be:
- 70 years since the 1943 premiership win against Essendon.
- 60 years since triple Best and Fairest winner and former captain, Ron Branton, made his senior league debut with the Club, in 1953.
- 50 years since dual Tiger premiership players Billy Brown and John Northey made their senior league debuts, in 1963.
- 40 years since the 1973 Grand Final triumph over Carlton.
- 30 years since Kevin Bartlett became the first league player to reach the 400-game milestone, in 1983.
- 25 years since dual Jack Dyer Medallist, former captain and Team of the Century member, Matthew Knights, debuted for the Tigers, in 1988.
- 20 years since dual Jack Dyer Medallist, former captain, 1980 premiership hero and Team of the Century member, Dale Weightman, retired after an illustrious 274-game league career with Richmond.