Richmond’s 2015 season has come to an end, at the hands of North Melbourne in the Elimination Final at the MCG.

A crowd of 90,186 saw the Kangaroos win by 17 points, 15.15.105 to 14.4.88, after the Tigers led by 13 points at half time.

North Melbourne dominated on the stats sheet, winning the disposals (329-284), contested possessions (148-115), inside 50s (55-42) and clearances (42-35).

Jack Riewoldt booted four goals for the game and took seven marks, while Jarrad Waite kicked four for the Kangaroos.

Richmond had only two players with more than 20 disposals – Anthony Miles (22 and nine clearances) and Dustin Martin (21).

Brent Harvey was North Melbourne’s most influential player, picking 31 disposals, seven clearances and kicking two goals.

The Tigers led for two-and-a-half quarters, but were overrun in the second half.

Richmond came into the game having won their last four home and away games, and had the upper hand early thanks to a long-range goal from veteran Chris Newman.

It was followed up shortly after by a set shot from Brett Deledio, who won a free kick deep in the Tigers’ forward 50 when he dispossessed Todd Goldstein.

North Melbourne worked their way into the contest through a Jarrad Waite snap, and both teams finished the quarter ruing missed opportunities as Richmond edged ahead by three points a the first change.

The floodgates opened in the second quarter, with 12 goals kicked between the sides, including three to Jack Riewoldt and two to more to Waite, who looked dangerous inside the Kangaroos’ forward 50.

Riewoldt had nine disposals for the quarter, Anthony Miles won six clearances and had 15 disposals to half time, while Kamdyn McIntosh provided three direct goal assists.

Richmond twice got out to a lead of 21 points, but North Melbourne responded well, dragging the margin back to two points, before Riewoldt’s third at the 31-minute mark gave the Tigers a 13-point buffer at the main break.

The Kangaroos made their move in the third quarter, dominating play, territory, and the scoreboard.

The Tigers kicked three goals for the quarter from very few entries, while North Melbourne took the lead midway through the term, extending to nine points before a Vickery long bomb kept Richmond in the hunt.

Riewoldt added his fourth after a contested mark early in the final term, and Richmond stayed in touch until time-on, before the Kangaroos sealed the win with the last two goals of the match.


Richmond                       2.3          9.3          12.3        14.4.88
North Melbourne            1.6          6.8          11.13     15.15.105

Richmond:  Riewoldt 4, Newman 2, Vickery 2, Deledio, Miles, Edwards, McIntosh, Conca, Lambert
North Melbourne:  Waite 4, Brown 2, Petrie 2, Harvey 2, Garner, Nahas, McMillan, Higgins, Thomas

Richmond: Riewoldt, Miles, Martin, Rance, McIntosh, Newman
North Melbourne: Harvey, Waite, Ziebell, Goldstein, Jacobs, Swallow, Hansen, Higgins

Richmond: Nil
North Melbourne: Jamie Macmillan (ankle)

Richmond: Reece Conca replaced Ben Griffiths in the third quarter
North Melbourne: Lindsay Thomas replaced Taylor Garner in the third quarter

Reports: Nil
Umpires: Rosebury, Jeffery, McInerney
Official crowd: 90,186 at the MCG