As we leap into the ‘roaring 20s’, here’s a list of the key anniversaries and milestones at Tigerland in the first year of the new decade, 2020...
• 100 years since Richmond’s first premiership in the VFL competition, defeating Collingwood by 17 points in the 1920 Grand Final at the MCG.
• 90 years since Stan Judkins became the Tigers’ first Brownlow Medallist.
• 80 years since Jack Titus became the first Richmond player to kick 100 goals in a season.
• 60 years since Ron Branton won the first of three consecutive club Best and Fairest awards.
• 50 years since the Tigers were involved in the competition’s inaugural match for premiership points on a Sunday – the opening round of the 1970 season v Fitzroy at the MCG, attended by Queen Elizabeth and other members of the Royal Family.
• 40 years since Michael Roach became the second Richmond player to boot 100 goals in a season.
• 40 years since the Tigers won their 10th VFL/AFL premiership, crushing Collingwood by 81 points in the 1980 Grand Final at the MCG.
• 30 years since Brendon Gale made his senior playing debut with Richmond in Round 1 of the 1990 season v Brisbane Bears at Carrara.
• 25 years since the Matthew Knights-inspired, stirring, semi-final victory over Essendon at the MCG.
• 20 years since Danny Frawley made his debut as the Tigers’ coach in the opening round of the 2000 season v Melbourne at the MCG.
• 10 years since Damien Hardwick made his debut as Richmond’s coach in Round 1 of the 2010 season against Carlton at the MCG.
• 10 years since Dustin Martin made his AFL debut for the Tigers in the opening round of the 2010 season v Carlton at the MCG.
• Trent Cotchin 16 games away from the 250-game milestone.
• Bachar Houli 19 games away from the 200-game milestone at Richmond.
• Nick Vlastuin nine games away from the 150-game milestone.
• David Astbury 21 games away from the 150-game milestone.
• Kane Lambert five games away from the 100-game milestone.
• Kamdyn McIntosh 10 games away from the 100-game milestone.