As we settle into the first day of the new year, here is a list of the key anniversaries and milestones at Tigerland in 2021 . . .
- 100 years since Richmond’s second premiership in the VFL competition, defeating Carlton by four points in the 1921 Grand Final at the MCG.
- 90 years since Jack Dyer made his senior debut with the Tigers in Round 2 of the 1931 season against North Melbourne at Punt Road.
- 90 years since Richmond spearhead Doug Strang kicked a (still) club-record 14 goals against North Melbourne in Round 2, 1931 at Punt Road.
- 90 years since the Tigers finished runner-up in the 1931 season, losing the Grand Final to Geelong by 20 points.
- 70 years since Tiger Brownlow Medallist Bill Morris played his last game of VFL football in Round 18 of the 1951 season against Melbourne at the MCG.
- 50 years since Ian Stewart won the 1971 Brownlow Medal in his debut season for Richmond following the sensational swap with Bill Barrot.
- 50 years since dual Richmond premiership president Ray Dunn died while in office on August 26, 1971.
- 40 years since Tiger ‘Immortal’ and five-time premiership hero Francis Bourke played the last of his 300 games with the Club, in Round 14, 1981 against North Melbourne at the MCG.
- 30 years since four-time Jack Dyer Medallist and former Richmond captain Wayne Campbell made his AFL debut in Round 5, 1991 v Fitzroy at Princes Park.
- 30 years since legendary Tigers administrator Graeme Richmond died on September 15, 1991.
- 25 years since dual Jack Dyer Medallist Joel Bowden made his senior debut with Richmond in Round 17, 1996 v Hawthorn at Princes Park.
- 20 years since Brendon Gale played the last of his 244 games for the Tigers, in the 2001 preliminary final v Brisbane at the Gabba.
- Jack Riewoldt 17 games away from the 300-game milestone and 36 goals from the 700-goal milestone.
- Dustin Martin six games away from the 250-game milestone and 28 goals from the 300-goal milestone.
- Bachar Houli six games away from the 200-game milestone at Richmond.
- David Astbury 12 games away from the 150-game milestone.
- Jason Castagna three games away from the 100-game milestone.
- Daniel Rioli five games away from the 100-game milestone.
- Jayden Short eight games away from the 100-game milestone.