Former Saint and ex-Sun Mav Weller officially becomes a Tiger today (December 1). Here are 12 football facts about him . . .
1. He originally is from Tasmania and played junior football for Burnie.
2. He was one of Gold Coast’s prized under-age, access selections in 2009, played with the Suns at VFL level in 2010, and then when they entered the AFL competition in 2011.
3. He made his AFL debut for Gold Coast in Round 3, 2011 against the Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium.
4. His teammates at Gold Coast included current Tiger players Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia and Tom Lynch, along with the Club’s assistant coach Andrew McQualter.
5. He played 32 games all-up with the Suns and then had an 89-game career at St Kilda.
6. He had an AFL career-high 28 disposals against Hawthorn in Round 6, 2017 at UTAS Stadium, Launceston.
7. He took a career-high 11 marks against Greater Western Sydney in Round 23, 2013 at Metricon Stadium.
8. He had a career-high 13 tackles against Greater Western Sydney in Round 1, 2015 at Marvel Stadium.
9. His AFL career-high goals’ tally in a match is three, which he’s achieved three times.
10. His best goal tally in a season is 24 in 2016.
11. He has played at the MCG only 13 times in his AFL career, for five wins and eight losses.
12. He has never played in a winning team against Adelaide (0-7) or Sydney (0-6).